On the 8th and 9th of November 2017, at the Sheraton Warsaw Hotel, the 26th edition of the most important meeting about the development of the energy sector in Poland took place. Every half year, all of the key representatives of the sectors meet at the EuroPOWER Energy Conference to discuss the most important changes coming to the market, analyze the new trends as well as the business models allowing to complete their strategies. The 26th edition was attended by more than 420 participants, who took part in 7 panel discussions and 11 individual presentations, made possible by 47 active speakers.
During the joint part of the Innovative Manufacturing Forum and the EuroPOWER Energy Conference, the participants had the pleasure to listen to the presentation of the Minister of Energy – Krzysztof Tchórzewski, about the development trajectory of the Polish energy system. Then debated was the topic of the possibilities, chances and needs connected with the technological jump in the Polish economy.
The starting block of the part dedicated to the EuroPOWER conference was about clients on the Energy market as a priority for the winter packet, and this was completed with a presentation by the expert of the Directorate General for Energy of the European Commission – Maciej Ciszewski, with the topic of “Clean Energy for Europeans”. The next conversation was about how to effectively implement the Energy Market in Poland.
The second day of the conference was started with a presentation and debate on modern technology in the Energy sector, after which the participants could listen to Polish experts for cybersecurity. The following block of the conference was about the innovation of Polish energy companies, and this included a case study about energy clusters. During the next meeting, they discussed the topic of how to make the transfer of gas in Eastern and Central Europe more effective. Finally, to close the conference, a panel concerning the development of electromobility in Poland was held, where they discussed topics related to the start of electric transport.
Among the speakers of the XXVI EuroPOWER Energy Conference were:
- Maciej Bando, President of the Management Board, URE
- Tomasz Bendlewski, Director of the Energy and Gas Department, Asseco
- Tomasz Dąbrowski, Director of the Department of Energy, Ministry of Energy;
- Adam Góral, President of the Management Board, Asseco Poland
- Filip Grzegorczyk, President of the Management Board, TAURON
- Lukasz Kroplewski, Vice- President of the Management Board for Development, PGNiG
- Henryk Majchrzak, Chairman of the Management Council of World Energy Council – Poland
- Janusz Moroz, Member of the Management Board for Trade, Innogy
- Piotr Muszyński, Vice President of the Management Board, Orange
- Marek Niechciał, President of the Management Board, Office of Competition and Consumer Protection
- Andrzej Piotrowski, Under-Secretary for State, Ministry of Energy
- Jacek Socha, Vice President PwC, Minister of the Treasury 2004-2005
We encourage you to look at the photo gallery of the event.
The organizer of the event is MMC Poland.