38. EuroPOWER & 8th OZE POWER
Day I, 8 November 2023.
9:00- 9:10 Opening of the conference
BLOCK: The future of the Polish energy sector
9:10 – 9:20 Speech by government representative
9:20 – 9:40 Opening Report – Presentation by the Chairmen of the Advisory Boards
9:40 – 11:00 The future of the Polish energy sector
- Energy policy – directions and the scope of transformation
- Energy security – planning, strategies, international cooperation
- What changes in the energy sector will the year 2024 bring? Also, in the context of energy
- How much profit and what will we gain from the energy transformation?
- Supporting local content – development of Polish companies
- Mergers and acquisitions in the energy sector
- Diversity of energy supplies in the context of providing energy security – Energy Policy of Poland until 2040 with outlook to 2050 (PEP2040)
- Fit for 55 – what is going to happen with the package?
- Energy policy vs. the development of energy supply infrastructure: strategies and funding
- The role of the Polish National Energy Security Agency (NABE)
BLOCK: Power grids are needed asap!
11:00 – 11:10 The introductory speech made by the President of the Energy Regulatory Office (URE)
11:10 – 12:10 Power grids are needed asap! Development of the power grid as a condition necessary for the promotion of renewable energy sources – planning support of the development and modernization of the power grid
- Realization of the Charter of efficient transformation of the Polish power engineering distribution networks – where are we?
- How to build a common, distributed system of storing energy and increase the power system’s flexibility on the distribution level?
- The potential of product storage rooms
- Storing energy: technologies and solutions for renewable energy sources
- Large-scale, cavern storage room of hydrogen for stabilization of the power system
- Efficiency improvement and the use of the existing power grid resources
- Development of cable pooling in Poland. Combining renewable energy sources
- Sector coupling – abolition of the traditional division between energy-intensive sectors and the introduction of the holistic model
- Legal changes allowing for the actual participation of investors in the funding of power grid reconstruction
- Funding programs – the offer of European programs with the outlook to 2027
- What regulations and market activities should be taken to increase investments in energy storage rooms and the system’s flow capacity to increase connection power availability?
12:10 – 12:50 Break
BLOCK: How to realize ecological energy transformation and provide sustainable development?
12:50 – 13:20 Development perspectives of nuclear energy in Poland
- Atomic energy vs. sustainable development objectives – input and potential
- Nuclear security – innovations, regulations, and procedures
- Types of nuclear fuel
13:20 – 14:20 How to realize ecological energy transformation and provide sustainable development?
- How to build energy security in distributed technologies? – hybrid installations
- What actions should be taken to improve the controllability of renewable energy sources technologies? – technological cooperation with the power grid
- H2 OZE – Hydrogen economy – hydrogen as an energy carrier and the connector between sectors
- Regulation and organizational framework for the hydrogen economy
- Solar energy – trends, technologies, and innovations
- Forecasts for the wind energy development
- Sustainable development and renewable energy sources – ecological, social, and economic aspects
- Examples of successful projects regarding renewable energy sources – case studies, best practices, and successes
14:20 – 14:50 Energy communities and energy sustainable cities
Firechat / Debate 2+1
- The main challenges, benefits, and difficulties that energy communities and cities face on the transition to energy self-sufficiency
- What are the long-term prospects and possible risks for energy communities in the context of the changing energy landscape?
BLOCK: Transformation in heating engineering – how to efficiently start with it?
14:50 – 15:50 Transformation in heating engineering – how to efficiently start with it?
- The main factors conditioning the directions and the speed of the commercial transformation of heat engineering (housing cooperatives, production, and industrial plants)
- What is the system heat’s perspective and role, and how do we perceive it?
- Electrification of a heating plant
- Energy-efficiency improvement in buildings and heating systems – challenges
- Digitalization of district heating networks
- Modernization and growth of the heating distribution system and popularization of heat warehouses
- Development of intelligent heating grids
- What is the situation of the current use of geothermal energy in Poland?
Day II, 9 November 2023
09:00- 09:10 Opening of the 2nd day of the congress
BLOCK: The development of digitalization in power engineering – opportunities and threats
9:10 – 11:10 The development of digitalization in power engineering – opportunities and threats
- 9:10 – 9:50 Cyber-security strategy for the power engineering sector
- Cyber-security strategy for the power engineering sector
- Analysis and risk assessment of energy security at the national and regional level
- 9:50 – 10:30 Digitalization and automation of energy providers
- The use of the Internet of Things (IoT) to monitor, manage, and regulate energy supplies in real-time
- Business processes support in the context of digitalization
- Digitalization in the whole investment cycle
- 10:30 – 11:10 Data management
- CSIRE as digital support of the energy market functioning
- Data gathering, processing, and analysis to optimize energy management
- Creating innovative energy services based on data analysis
BLOCK: New instruments in funding the power energy system
11:10 – 12:10 New instruments in funding the power energy system
- What challenges connected with the ESG will significantly influence the Polish industry of renewable energy sources in the near future, and what actions should be taken to face them? Will they regard only the area of funding?
- Cost-effectiveness assessment of power energy projects: cost-benefit analysis, profitability indexes
- Taxonomy vs. investment bankability in the energy sector
- Insurance for the energy sector – security of using installations based on renewable energy sources and legislative priorities of legal changes
- Financing models for system heat
- New business models in the energy sector – long-term PPA contract as a condition of bank funding
12:10 – 13:00 Break
BLOCK: Why is biogas plant work being popularized?
13:00 – 13:55 Why is bio-gas plant work being popularized?
- Meters influencing the efficiency of bio-gas and bio-methane production
- Potential benefits and challenges connected with the integration of bio-gas and bio-methane with other renewable energy sources
- Technological development of bio-energy – research and development, innovations in production, and integration of systems
- Bankability of projects
- REPowerEU Plan – industrial partnership concerning biogas and bio-methane
- European context of bio-gas and bio-gas plants – how do others do it?
- Biogas plants as a part of the closed-circuit economy
BLOCK: Energy efficiency in the Polish economy
13:55 – 14:45 Energy efficiency in the Polish economy – strategies, tools, and best practices
- Sustainable production in the industry – renewable energy sources and reduction of emissions
- Heat recovery and renewable energy sources in industrial processes
- The European Green Deal
- Energy risk management in the industry sector
- Energy-efficiency in construction
- Reduction of demand for energy raw materials in the industry
- The future of energy-intensive sectors