The official opening of the 29th EuroPOWER Energy Conference was presented by Dr. Leszek Juchniewicz, Chairman of the Advisory Board. After the inaugural speech, the Guest of Honour – Tomasz Dąbrowski, Under-Secretary of State of the Ministry of Energy – took the stage. A short debate then took place, during which speakers discussed the governmental strategy on energy and climate. The start of this substantive and inspiring conversation was a video speech by Michał Kurtyka, Secretary of State in the Ministry of Environment, President of COP24, who summarised the findings agreed for the global climate policy agreed on last year. The following debates answered the questions of the most current challenges and problems affecting the sector:
- How to improve air quality?
- How to fill the gap left by lignite?
- What do the prospects for wind and nuclear energy look like?
- How can renewable energy sources supplement the energy mix?
During the EuroPOWER Energy Conference, participants could explore the knowledge and get inspired by the short and practical use cases. By using this formula, lectures were held on PIK, process automation, IoT or modern tools for traders. The standard debate was also very popular, during which speakers discussed how to limit the increase in energy prices. The experts also addressed the question of balancing the National Power System – in relation to centralised and dispersed energy, and sought to answer the question of how to finance energy transformation.
Speakers at the 29th EuroPOWER Energy Conference included:
- Monika Morawiecka, PGE Baltica
- Maciej Bando, Energy Regulatory Office
- Piotr Zawistowski, Polish Power Exchange
- Tomasz Rogala, Polska Grupa Górnicza S.A.
- Maciej Stryjecki, Foundation for Sustainable Energy
- Roman Gabrowski, Tauron Ekoenergia
- Andrzej J. Piotrowski, PGE Systemy
- Tomasz Wilczak, PGNiG Termika
- Piotr Czopek, Ministry of Energy
The conclusion of the first day of the congress was the “Leaders of the Energy World” Grand Gala, during which statuettes were presented as part of the “Leaders of the Energy World” Competition.
Partners of the 29th EuroPOWER Energy Conference:
Atende, Asseco, Biuro Informacji Kredytowej S.A., BIG InfoMonitor, InnoEnergy, MindMade
European Copper Institute, TGE, UiPath, Aurora, Salesbook, Gamfi, Aklamio, Abak, PROFESCAPITAL
We invite you to view the full photo gallery of the EuroPOWER Energy Conference.
The organiser of the event is MMC Poland.