Tytuł: Poland’s energy transformation and the pursuit of zero emissions – 33rd EuroPOWER Energy Conference and 3rd OZE POWER
On April 28-29 2021, the 33rd EuroPOWER Energy Conference and 3rd OZE POWER took place. Over 450 participants listened to substantive presentations and debates with the participation of key industry representatives who commented on the most current challenges and problems of the energy sector in Poland. The event was carried out as an online broadcast.
The conference was inaugurated by a speech by Leszek Juchniewicz, PhD, Chairman of the EuroPower Advisory Board. During the opening ceremony, the participants listened to a speech by the Minister of Climate and Environment, Michał Kurtyka. “Our compass is the Polish Energy Policy until 2040, which was adopted by the government, which clearly indicates the directions in which the energy sector will go, and the economy behind it. We face the challenge of building a new energy system in the next 20 years. Not only because the green transformation requires it, but also because the economy must have a safe source of electricity production, also on days when it’s not windy or it’s not sunny”, said Minister Kurtyka.
The opening debate was a discussion on Poland’s energy policy until 2040 and the pursuit of zero emissions. The interview was attended by:
- Ireneusz Zyska, Secretary of State, Government
- Zbigniew Gryglas, Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of State Assets
- Rafał Gawin, President, Energy Regulatory Office
- Paweł Cioch, Vice-President for Corporate Affairs, PGE
- Dorota Dębińska-Pokorska, Partner, PwC
- Piotr Listwoń, Vice-President of the Management Board for Operations, TGE
- Paweł Majewski, President of the Management Board, PGNiG
- Rafał Soja, President of the Management Board, TAURON Sales
- Roman Szwed, President of the Management Board, Atende
Plenipotentiary for Renewable Energy Sources, Ministry of Climate and Environment
The topic of the next panel was “The New Polish Deal” considered by the speakers in the context of the mechanism of adaptation and absorption of the European “New Green Deal” transformation strategy. Experts also discussed the share of renewable energy sources in the Polish energy mix, the potential of hydrogen in the decarbonisation of the energy sector, nuclear energy and low-carbon energy, and the challenges related to the transformation of coal regions.
The second day of the conference was focused on topics related to the digitisation of energy sector services: digitisation of energy, evolution towards local energy systems, security of critical infrastructure and modern strategies of energy companies. There were also issues related to the energy-intensive industry in the process of energy transformation, transformation of heating and off-shore wind energy.
Among the speakers of the 33rd EuroPOWER Energy Conference and 3rd OZE POWER were:
- Adam Guibourgé-Czetwertyński, Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Climate and Environment
- Andrzej Buczkowski, Vice-President of the Management Board, Energa Information and Technologies
- Mikołaj Dowgielewicz, Director General, European Investment Bank
- Wojciech Drożdż, Vice-President of the Management Board for Innovation and Logistics, Enea Operator
- Piotr Jaworski, Enterprise Sales, Salesforce
- Paweł Łojszczyk, President of the Management Board, Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- Holger Matthiesen, Head of Offshore Development Scandinavia, Poland & Baltics, RWE Renewables
- Robert Perkowski, Vice-President of the Management Board for Operations, PGNiG
- Dawid Zieliński, President of the Management Board, Columbus Energy
Partners of the 33rd EuroPOWER Energy Conference & 3rd OZE POWER
Strategic Partners: Atende, BOŚ Bank, Grupa WB, Hitachi, Limitless Technologies, PGNiG, PFR Portal PPK, Salesforce, SAP, SAS, Veritas
Partners: Asseco, Bird&Bird, Columbus, EDF, Green Genius, Microsoft, Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne, Polska Spółka Gazownictwa, RWE, PGNiG Termika, TGE, Abak, Profescapital
Substantive Partner: PWC
Strategic Media Partner: Energetyka24
Main Media Partner: Biznes Alert
The congress is carried out as part of the activities of MMC Poland, which organises prestigious congresses, conferences, workshops and business training dedicated to managerial staff and company boards.
We invite you to view the photo gallery of the event.