On November 6 and 7, 2019, at The Westin Warsaw Hotel, the EuroPOWER Energy Conference took place. The event has been dealing with current issues and the latest trends in the energy sector for 30 editions now. The jubilee edition focused on topics such as the future of the energy sector, fair transformation and its financing, as well as challenges and new technologies in the energy sector. During the two days of the conference, over 500 participants gathered to learn about the latest energy trends.
The conferences were inaugurated by the speeches of Honorary Guests – Krzysztof Tchórzewski, Minister of Energy and Piotr Naimski, Secretary of State in the Chancellery of the Prime Minister, Government Plenipotentiary for Strategic Energy Infrastructure. There was then the debate titled “New views on the future of the Polish energy sector”, during which the speakers sought answers to questions related to energy security for all market players, the shape of the energy mix and new technologies in the energy sector. There were also issues related to the problems of the Polish energy sector, such as summer peaks or filling the gap after shutting down power plants. A panel devoted to nuclear energy enjoyed a lot of interest, during which a group of international experts raised topics such as the role of nuclear energy in the fight against climate change, construction and operating costs, and its impact on the country’s economy.
The next panels answered questions about the most current challenges and problems related to the industry, distribution networks, innovation in energy transformation, smart grid and the role of offshore wind farms in the Polish energy mix.
Speakers of the 30th EuroPOWER Energy Conference included:
- Rafał Gawin, President, Energy Regulatory Office
- Dominik Wadecki, Vice-President of the Board, Energa S.A.
- Emil Wojtowicz, Vice-President of the Board for Finances, PGE S.A.
- Radosław Stach, Vice-President of the Board for Production, KGHM Polska Miedź
- Piotr Zawistowski, President of the Board, Towarowa Giełda Energii
- Robert Kuraszkiewicz, President of the Board, Bank Pocztowy S.A
- Henri Paillere, Deputy Head, Nuclear Development, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency
- Uroš Salobir, Director of Strategic Innovation Department, ELES
- Joerg Ferchow, Chief Solution Expert Digital Strategy, SAP SE
- Carlos Carvalheira, Energy & Utilities Practice Leader, South EMEA, SAS
The EuroPOWER Energy Conference has been enjoying great popularity and interest from major personalities and leading energy sector companies for years. The conference is realised as part of the operations of MMC Poland.
We invite you to view the full photo gallery of the 30th EuroPOWER Energy Conference.
Partners of the 30th EuroPOWER Energy Conference:
Enea, Grupa Energa, KGHM Polska Miedź, PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna, PKN ORLEN, Polska Spółka Gazownictwa, Atende, RESpower S.A, Asseco, Bank Pocztowy, Innogy Polska, Foton Technik, Biuro Informacji Kredytowej S.A., BIG InfoMonitor, SAS Institute, Grupa WB
Aklamio, BWW Kancelaria Banasik Woźniak Wspólnicy, Fortum Huawei, PKP Energetyka, SAP , Salesbook, TGE Towarowa Giełda Energii, Gamfi, Abak, Profescapital